Become an Orientation Leader
Are you ready to leave your mark at the University of Mississippi? Do you want to welcome the next generation of Rebels to the university you love? If you’re ready to learn, lead, be challenged, grow and serve, become an orientation leader!
2014 Dates TBD
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Have a cumulative 2.75 college GPA (if freshman 3.0/4.0 cumulative high school GPA).
- Not have been found in violation of an academic or nonacademic discipline policy at the University of Mississippi.
- Must maintain a 2.75 GPA throughout your tenure as an orientation leader.
- Attend one of the mandatory information sessions TBD.
- Remain full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the spring and fall semesters for the year they are selected.
- Not take courses during summer intersession or first summer session during the year they are selected (courses may be taken during second summer session). Orientation leaders also cannot hold an outside job during summer intersession or first summer session the year they are selected.
- Successfully complete a noncredit training class held on Thursday from 2:30-5 p.m. during the spring semester for the year they are selected, meet other training obligations and attend all orientation programs (specific dates/times given to applicants at an information session)
- Live with another orientation leader in the designated orientation residence hall during summer orientation dates (May-June) for the year they are selected (the Office of Enrollment Services will cover the cost of this housing).
- Applications available online starting TBD
- Applicants must attend one mandatory information session (one-hour long) to be held:
- All application materials (recommendation forms and unofficial transcript/fall schedule) are due to the Office of Admissions NO LATER than TBD, but also may be turned in early, including at any information session.
- Applicants attend one mandatory group interview (two-hours long): TBD. Group interview sign-up and locations will be available at the information sessions.
- Individual interviews (by invitation only) will take place on TBD.
- Orientation leaders will be announced on TBD.