The University of Mississippi!



Q: How does my son or daughter declare or change her or his major? 
A: A student can declare a major at any time, beginning with the application process. (Refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for information concerning criteria for admission to the various UM colleges and schools.) If your student has decided on a major (if he or she was listed as undecided) or changes the major, it is important that he or she declares the (new) major immediately with the appropriate dean’s office (liberal arts, accountancy, applied sciences, business administration, education, engineering, journalism and new media, pharmacy) to ensure proper academic advisement toward a timely graduation and to gather degree and career information. Undecided students (students without declared majors) are assigned advisers in the Academic Support Center.