Become an Orientation Leader
Are you ready to leave your mark at the University of Mississippi? Do you want to welcome the next generation of Rebels to the university you love? If you’re ready to learn, lead, be challenged, grow and serve, become an orientation leader!
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Have a cumulative 2.75 college GPA (if freshman 3.0/4.0 cumulative high school GPA).
- Not have been found in violation of an academic or non-academic discipline policy at the University of Mississippi.
- Must maintain a 2.75 GPA throughout your tenure as an orientation leader.
- Attend one of the mandatory interest meetings on October 15th, 16th, or 17th at 5 pm in the Student Union Ballroom.
- Remain full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the spring and fall semesters for the year they are selected.
- Not take courses during summer intersession or first summer session during the year they are selected (courses may be taken during the second summer session). Orientation leaders also cannot hold an outside job during summer intersession or first summer session the year they are selected.
- Complete a noncredit training class held on Thursdays from 2:30-5 p.m. during the spring semester for the year they are selected, meet other training obligations, and attend all orientation programs (specific dates/times given to applicants at interest meetings).
- Live with another orientation leader in the designated orientation residence hall during summer orientation dates (May-June) for the year they are selected (the Office of Admissions will cover the cost of this housing).
2020 Selection Process:
- Applications will be available online via The Forum and are due Friday, October 25th at 5 pm.
- Applicants must attend one mandatory interest meeting (one-hour long) to be held:
October 15th, 16th, or 17th from 5-6 pm in the Student Union Ballroom.
- One recommendation form is due to the Office of Admissions by 5 pm on October 25th, but also may be turned in early.
- Applicants attend one mandatory group interview (two-hours long): October 28-30 from 6-8 pm. Applicants will be prompted on how to sign up via email.
- October 28th and 29th Group Interviews will take place in Bryant Hall.
- October 30th Group Interviews will take place in the Jackson Avenue Center.
- Individual interviews (by invitation only) will take place November 4th – November 8th.
- Individual interviews will take place in the Office of Admissions (145 Martindale Student Services Center).
- 2020 Orientation Leaders will be announced on or before November 15th.