Become an Orientation Leader
Are you ready to leave your mark at the University of Mississippi? Do you want to welcome the next generation of Rebels to the university you love? If you’re ready to learn, lead, grow, and serve, become an orientation leader!
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Have a cumulative 2.75 college GPA (if freshman 3.0/4.0 cumulative high school GPA).
- Not have been found in violation of an academic or non-academic discipline policy at the University of Mississippi.
- Must maintain a 2.75 GPA throughout your tenure as an orientation leader.
- Attend one of the mandatory interest meetings on October 5th, 8th, or 12th.
- Remain full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the spring and fall semesters for the year they are selected.
- Not take courses during summer intersession or first summer session during the year they are selected (courses may be taken during the second summer session). Orientation leaders also cannot hold an outside job during summer intersession or first summer session the year they are selected.
- Complete a noncredit training class held on Thursdays from 2:30-5 p.m. during the spring semester for the year they are selected, meet other training obligations, and attend all orientation programs (specific dates/times given to applicants at interest meetings).
- Live with another orientation leader in the designated orientation residence hall during summer orientation dates (May-June) for the year they are selected (the Office of Admissions will cover the cost of this housing).
2021 Orientation Leader Selection Process
- Applications will be available online via The ForUM on October 5th at 8:30 am and are due Friday, October 16th at noon.
- Applicants must attend one mandatory interest meeting (one-hour long) to be held: October 5th at 5pm, October 8th at 4pm, or October 12th at 3pm (links available on the ForUM or in our Instagram bio).
- One recommendation form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Office of Admissions (145 Martindale) by 5 pm on October 16th, but it also may be turned in early.
- All applicants are invited to attend one mandatory group interview (two-hours long) the week of October 19th.
- Applicants will be prompted on how to sign up via email.
- Individual interviews (by invitation only) will take place November 2nd – November 6th.
- Applicants will be prompted on how to sign up via email. Individual interviews will take place virtually through Zoom.
- 2021 Orientation Leaders will be announced on or before November 13th.